AutoGrid MIDI Edition is a Max 4 Live MIDI device, that sends random grid synths patterns to 8 different MIDI channels, one note at a time so they never plays simultaneously.
I's a huge timesaver for building interesting patterns with different sounds, or sequencing arpeggios or basslines, making sure they don't overlap whatsoever.
AutoGrid MIDI offers the following parameters:
- control of the 8 channels probabilities of playing.
- time allocation control between: 1/32, 1/16, 1/8 and 1/4 occurrences, and ability to slow down the whole device up to 64 times (providing up to 16 bars long notes to trigger arpeggios or full patterns on the target tracks for example)
- minimum and randomly added length per note
- Note probability (to insert some random silences and thus play with density)
- Ability to transpose every note from the root incoming note, up to 5 octaves above root note, with per note degree proba (from 1st to 12th note)
- Ability to directly load a given scale to instantly map the note degrees probability (for example to a major scale, or an 7th arpeggio, ...)
- fully automatable parameters
- Looping random engine, from 1/8th to 16 bars
Please note you need to have Max 4 Live to use this device (included with Ableton Live Suite, or available as an add-on for other Live versions)
This device is provided within an Ableton Template, with tracks structure already created for instant use ! Just add your instruments on the corresponding channels, change the master midi clip to the key of your project and press play !
Full description and walkthrough here:
V1.8: Added looping random engine
V1.7.2: Merged Master and satellites in one instrument + midi rack for more compact view, tested under Live 11, all seems fine (so far ;-))